Duration: Full Day
To enable participants to confidently teach writing in the EYFS.
- To introduce the EYFS (2014) and define the terms used within it
- To look at supporting documents such as Development Matters and Early Years Outcomes and consider how they can support our role
- To consider the EYFS characteristics of effective teaching and learning
- To explore the role of the learning environment in supporting learning
- To consider the observation and assessment process including the statutory Progress Check
- To explore the term ‘school readiness’ and review our own practice